Our Mission - service before self
With John F. Kennedy’s vision D.P.S. Khanna has embarked on a mission to give the children an institution of learning comparable to the best in the world. Run by the Athena Educational trust, a non-profit organisation decided to provide quality education to all, D.P.S. Khanna promises to inculcate in its students a strong national pride.
The special focus of this school is on:
- Strong academic curriculum with emphasis on analytical and application skills.
- Extensive range of co-curricular, sports and recreational facilities.
- Exposure to new innovative methods of learning through the use of computerized interactive boards.
- Emphasis on good English and foreign language speaking skills through extensive use of technology in Language Labs for correct pronunciation and fluency.
- Pressure laid on preparing students for the prescribed CBSE syllabus and for various competitive examinations.
DPS Khanna has embarked on a mission to give the children an institution of learning comparable to the best in the world. Run by the Athena Educational Trust, a charitable organization dedicated to providing quality education to all, DPS Khanna promises to inculcate in its students, a strong national pride. The special focus of this school is on –
- Strong academic curriculum with emphasis on analytical and application skills
- Extensive range of co-curricular, sports and recreational facilities
- Exposure to new innovative methods of learning through the use of interactive boards
- Emphasis on good English speaking skills through extensive use of technology in Language Labs for correct pronunciation and fluency in English.
Athena Educational Trust is a non-profit organization registered in the office of Sub-Registrar, U.T, Chandigarh Sr. No. 4429, Book No.1, Volume No.182, Page No.110, dated 02-12-2009.
From Principal’s Desk
Principal D.P.S. Khanna
“The old order changeth yielding place to new
And God fulfills himself in many ways”.
The above lines of Lord Tennyson in his immortal creation “The Passing of Arthur” epitomizes change as a natural process of ‘being’.
As I take over as the Principal of DPS Khanna at a time when the 4th Industrial Revolution is purportedly on and the age of nanotechnology, 3D Printers and Augmented Reality (Pokémon Go) is here; we need not forget that it is only discipline, determination and dedication that can make us successful in this era.
Academics is close to my heart. I aim at shaping a vision of academic success for all the students. Rigorous curriculum, high standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation and responsible citizenship are the foundations of our school. I will ask my students to commit to the legacy of DPS Khanna of maintaining extraordinary record of achievement and contribution.
I believe brilliance is not an option but a necessity for existence in this period of innovative excellence. My endeavor would be to see that every student of DPS excel in whatever vocation they wish to adopt
I believe that a school is like a buffet where children must taste every option offered to them. From Golf to Debate, from Equestrian to Recitation and so on, so that by the end of their schooling they would have some knowledge of everything which will help them to select a vocation or hobby at a later stage of life.
My goal is to not only to provide the academic rigor necessary for our continued success,but also strive to emphasize character education and good citizenship.
DPS Khanna as I see is not a school in its strictest term it is an idea and in the words of Victor Hugo – “No one can resist an idea whose time has come”